If your home or business has sustained fire or water damage, you likely have important documents that were affected as well. However, books, valuable papers and other important documents don’t need to be a total loss. St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration can help restore them for you.
Successful document recovery is highly dependent on how fast you act. If you wait too long, harmful molds and other contamination can begin to form almost immediately.
St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration can assist you in dealing with the immediate aftermath and insuring your papers, books, photographs and other materials are protected and made ready for drying and recovery. Let us help you with your document reclamation process!
Preparing for salvage and recovery of wet or soot-covered documents, books, records and archives can (and should) be addressed during the fire reclamation process. Otherwise, more damage can be done unintentionally.
St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration has their own freeze-dry chambers where they perform the document recovery process. There are many reasons to clean documents off site. Typically, documents are not the only thing damaged, and the facility housing the documents usually needs repairs and/or restoration. While this may seem cumbersome, it allows for several benefits.
- Restoration and repairs can be performed freely without fear of further damaging documents or books.
- Documents are in a secure facility while cleaning, including cameras, supervisors and dedicated staff.
- Technicians have a dedicated facility for cleaning.
- Since local technicians are used off-site, thus eliminating the cost of housing and transportation, the cost to clean off-site is actually lower.
Types of Documents that Can Be Restored
Thanks to advances in technology and equipment, we can restore almost any type of document including (but not limited to):
- Books, Files, Magazines, Manuscripts
- Archives, Special Collections, Library Materials
- Audio Tapes, Video Tapes
- Blueprints, Drawings, Maps, Plans
- Compact Discs, Diskettes, Laser Discs, Magnetic Media
- Data Files, Vital Records
- Film, Negatives, Photographs, Slides
- Microfiche, Microfilm
Contact St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration Immediately after a Flood or Fire
Fire and floods can be devastating in many ways. Damage caused by smoke, fire and water can be corrected, but timing is crucial! Document recovery is a painstaking process that must be performed under carefully controlled circumstances. St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration provides true freeze-drying, fumigation, deodorization and reproduction services to ensure your important documents are restored. Contact us as soon as possible to prevent further damage.