Water damage can be caused by broken pipes, a leaky roof, or flooding. It can be devastating to your family and the structural integrity of your home. If water damage is not addressed immediately, further damage can occur throughout your home. Restoring your home to normal is a process that only a professional can do in a timely and thorough manner.
Let the Professionals Restore Your Home
The goal after experiencing water damage is always to get the homeowner back in their home as quickly as possible. This is a project that you can’t tackle by yourself. To ensure your home remains in good condition, hire a water damage restoration professional. Here’s why:
1. Control Mold and Mildew
If excess water and moisture are not dealt with quickly, mold can grow within 24 hours. It grows rapidly in warm, wet conditions. Mold can affect the health of your family if not taken care of promptly.
Water damage restoration experts can have your home dried out to help reduce the chances of mold growth. If mold does appear, they have the correct methods to test for it and eliminate it. Items in your home will be removed or professionally cleaned if that item is salvageable.
2. Reduce Damage and Costs of Water Intrusion
Much of the damage from a water intrusion event that occurs is not visible. Water damage restoration professionals know where to look. Water can infiltrate the drywall, insulation, carpets, floor joists and other areas in your home. If left untreated or inadequately cleaned, costly repairs will follow.
Quick action is key when trying to minimize damage and costs. An immediate response from a professional water damage restoration specialist will limit the deterioration of flooring and other materials so you won’t have to replace them.
3. They Use Industrial-Strength Equipment for Water Restoration
The average wet vac or carpet cleaner will not suffice for water damage cleanup. A professional has what it takes to completely and quickly dry out spaces in a home. The tools used in water damage restoration include:
- Moisture Detectors and Hygrometers: These tools help measure the wetness of materials and determine the amount of water vapor in the air.
- Infrared Cameras: These are used to locate “hidden” water inside structural materials and other building parts. A water damage restoration professional can direct their cleaning efforts to certain areas when a home has been properly evaluated.
- Water Extractors: Truck-mounted vacuums provide a great amount of suction power to extract water from carpets, flooring, and other areas.
- High Capacity Pumps: These are used to remove a high volume of water in a short amount of time.
- Drying Fans: Large industrial-strength fans are employed to quickly dry out absorbent materials.
- Dehumidifiers: Moisture is removed rapidly from the air to prevent the growth of mold.
- Air Movers: High-volume air movers are powered to direct jets of air to provide mass airflow across floors, walls, and other surfaces.
4. Reduce Health Risks from Water Intrusion
A common mistake homeowners make after water damage has occurred is to not shut off the electricity. Even when the electricity is not a factor, there are safety hazards from structural damage. The category of water can also cause health risks to your family. Water can soon become contaminated if not removed immediately.
Mold and floodwater should be handled with extreme caution. A water damage restoration technician will have the proper gear and chemicals to treat the water.
5. Help Filing Insurance Claims
Whenever a home has been damaged, it should be reported to the insurance company. The next call you make should be to a professional water damage specialist. They help homeowners navigate through the claims process so that cleanup and repairs can be paid for.
Many homeowner’s insurance policies require that a professional water damage specialist perform restorative measures within certain time limits. To prevent a claim from being denied, let the pros guide you through the paperwork so you don’t miss anything.
6. Get Back to Normal Life
There’s nothing better than to continue to go about your daily business during a major event to help keep your mind off things at the house. When you hire a professional water damage restoration company to do the heavy lifting, you can enjoy your family, get back to work, and have peace of mind knowing your home is in good hands.
Want Immediate Action for Water Damage?
Not sure what to do after your basement floods or washing machine malfunctions? St. Louis Cleaning and Restoration will respond immediately to any water damage scenario. We specialize in mold remediation, carpet cleaning, and water damage restoration.
We’re here to protect your family and belongings. Contact us today for a free evaluation.